Help more dog lovers make a difference
Great evaluators are what make a therapy dog organization successful. At K9to5 National Dog Therapy Registry, we recognize this—it’s why all our evaluators are certified dog trainers who have the necessary expertise to assess dog behavior.
We are a rapidly growing organization and are looking for evaluators in all 50 states. If you have one of certifications:
- CPDT-KA (Certified Professional Dog Trainer-Knowledge Assessed)
- CTC (Certificate in Training & Counseling)
- KPA-CPA (Karen Pryor Academy – Certified Training Partner)
- PMCT (Pat Miller Certified Trainer)
Then we invite you to become an evaluator for K9to5 National Dog Therapy Registry.
Why Become An Evaluator With Us?
- Positively impact your community. By helping us put high-quality therapy dog teams into your community, you directly and positively affect the lives of hundreds of people in hospitals, schools, and nursing homes who need companionship and comfort.
- Help ensure high standards. Our evaluators are all qualified professional dog trainers. Why? Because we believe nobody is better equipped to assess dog behavior and temperament. This is how we ensure that the canine partners in our therapy teams are all safe, well-tempered dogs.
- Expand your class program. Therapy dog / Canine Good Citizen preparation classes make a great addition to any dog trainers’ schedule of classes. Therapy work attracts a diverse group of dog owners, many of whom would not be interested in other dog training classes or activities.
- Add to your income. Therapy dog evaluations won’t make you rich—we want membership to be affordable to everyone—but our evaluators can charge $25 per test/evaluation they carry out.
- Get recognition—and support. A therapy dog organization is only as good as its evaluators. We know this and we know what the work involves, so we truly respect and appreciate our evaluators. What’s more, we strive to provide tangible support, for example through assistance with paperwork, email guidance, and more.
Our goal is to have the highest quality therapy dog teams and for that, we need the highest quality evaluators. People like you.
How To Join
Step 1: Make Sure You Qualify
Our evaluators must fulfill these criteria:
- Current Dog training certification issued by: CCPDT, IAABC, as well as CTC, PMCT, KPA-CTP, DipCBST, and all certifications recognized by APDT
- Compliance with the Code of Professional Conduct and Responsibility of your certifying organization
- Current business insurance
- No criminal record
- Not currently a therapy dog evaluator for another organization
- Don’t currently own a dog registered with another therapy dog organization
- Practice positive training methods like clicker training, lure reward. All without aversive techniques.
Yes to all? Then all you need to do is send us the below info.
Step 2: Submit Your Information
Your resumé, including past education, continuing education, dog experience, work experience, memberships in any professional or personal organizations, and volunteer work.
Proof of insurance. A copy or scanned file of your current insurance document/certificate.
Professional certification numbers. Your certification numbers from CCPDT, APDT, etc.
If applicable: AKC evaluator certificate number. Please include this if you are a certified CGC evaluator.
Send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org